Montag, 20. April 2015

Luke Mossey - Brands Indy Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki

It was a mixed weekend for 22-year-old Luke Mossey on the Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki at round two of the MCE British Superbike Championship at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Luke had a strong first race and finished in 12th place and suffered with a tyre problem in race two and could only manage to salvage 24th position.

Luke is adjusting to racing at the highest level in the MCE British Superbike Championship from several years racing a 600 in the Supersport class. Luke worked hard over the weekend to try and find a good set up on the Kawasaki over the weekend and every time he made improvements. He ended up qualifying in 21st place for race one and after some overnight changes and a better understanding of the track Luke got a fantastic start and worked his way through the field. Despite the deployment of the safety car for four laps Luke was sitting in 13th after lap six. He worked hard and the safety car was deployed again in the later stages of the race which extended the race to 33 laps, Luke pushed hard and gained a great 12th.

For the second race he started in 17th place on the grid, he made up places off the start and was 15th after the second lap and looking set for another points scoring position. However, from lap six onwards Luke was struggling massively with grip with his rear tyre and could not get any drive anywhere around the circuit. He carried on but slipped down the pack and just wanted to bring the Quattro Teccare Kawasaki home in one piece, finishing in a lowly 24th place.



Luke Mossey - "I was so pleased with my first race result, I have been struggling all weekend to understand how to ride a Superbike around Brands as it is so different to what I have been used too. All my lines were totally different and I had to make some drastic changes to my riding style from Saturday to Sunday.

I walked some of the circuit with Ray Stringer on Saturday night and he showed me where I was losing time and where I needed to be. I put this into practice in race one and it made a huge difference and I was able to secure 12th place which I was really happy with.

I was feeling confident for race two and got a good start, I knew from the first race that I had the pace and I wanted to work my way forwards again. From early on in the race though I just had no grip, sometimes this happens with the tyres but unfortunately it happened to me today.

I have never been very confident at this circuit but I once again learnt so much this weekend and I want to continue to keep improving and learning at the future races. I like Oulton Park and hope we can get some positive results there. I want to say a huge thank you to all my team who have helped me this weekend in the Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki team but also to all my personal sponsors for their support."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...