Montag, 20. April 2015

Joe Collier Brands Hatch Indy

Joe Collier racing on the Haribo Starmix Triumph had a consistent weekend at round two of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit. The 20-year-old from Coalville gained two second places in the Evo Supersport Championship; he now leads the series by 17 points.

It was a busy weekend for the team and the bike obviously handles very differently round here compared to Donington Park. They made several changes throughout the weekend to suit Joe and his riding style. He was consistently fastest Evo throughout the weekend and was quickest Evo bike in qualifying placing him eighth on the grid for race one.

He got a good start but was boxed into turn two which caused him to lose a number of places in the opening lap pushing him back to third place in the Evo class. He pushed hard throughout the 18-laps and was locked in a three way battle for second place; he clinched second by 0.2 as he passed the chequered flag.

In the second race he started from 12th place on the grid and once again he struggled off the start and was third Evo rider over the line on lap one and he was soon fighting again with Marshall Neill for second place. The pair swapped places and soon Neill crashed out and Joe was sitting comfortably in second place as he crossed the finish line.


Joe Collier - "I would have liked to have taken a double race win obviously but sometimes you just have to try and be consistent and that's what I had to do this weekend. I was struggling to find a comfortable set-up here on the Triumph on the Indy Circuit and two bad starts didn't help my cause. I was trying to use my head and not get involved in the melee at the start of the race but it back fired on me.

I worked hard this weekend and they were two pretty tough races, I am riding around people I have never ridden around before and sometimes it's good to know how others race and what they might do on track. I am pleased I've managed to secure another couple of podiums and still lead the Championship. Oulton is one of my favourite tracks so I am looking forward to getting there and hopefully getting some strong finishes.

A huge thank you again to everyone that is supporting me this season, I really do appreciate it."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...