Montag, 2. Mai 2016

Luke Mossey - Oulton Park Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki

Luke Mossey and the Quattro Plant TecCare Kawasaki had a tough weekend at the second round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park. With the awful weather conditions Luke was only able to gain 16th place in race one and was forced to retire in race two.
 
The weather conditions at Oulton Park were wintery with hail, snow and rain showers at times over the weekend. Luke was uneasy with the wet conditions in the opening stages of the practice session but worked hard with his Quattro TecCare Kawasaki team to find a set-up he was comfortable with. In all the dry sessions, second practice on Saturday and morning warm-up Luke was second quickest and showing some brilliant pace.
 
The rain was heavy on Sunday for qualifying and the youngster from Cambridge pushed hard to get through the opening qualifying stage and into Q2. Once again he went out and put in a good time which secured him 13th place on the grid for the opening race on Monday.
 
The heavens opened once again on race day just before race one was due to commence. Luke struggled to get off the line and there was an incredible amount of surface water on the opening few laps to contend with. Luke dropped back to 21st by lap three and was stuck having to work his way up through the field. Luke has never ridden the Superbike in a wet race before, conditions he is certainly not comfortable with but he managed to push his way through to 16th place at the end of the 18-laps.
 
For race two Luke had to start from 14th position on the grid, a torrential downpour just before they lined up on the grid once again threw a spanner in the works. Luke and his Quattro TecCare Kawasaki team opted for a wet front and slick rear. Luke dropped back to 18th after the first lap but managed to push his way up to 15th by lap four and 13th at the end of lap eight. As the track quickly dried out Luke unfortunately was struggling with grip and was forced to retire to the pits at the end of lap 15.
 
Luke Mossey - "I'm so disappointed about this weekend and having to leave Oulton Park having not gained any Championship points. It was a really difficult weekend with the changing conditions and we never really got any decent track times, as it seemed to changes from wet to dry all weekend.
 
I've never done a race in the wet on the Quattro TecCare Kawasaki before today and I'm not a huge fan of the wet but really wanted to just get some points for the team. The team found me a really good setting and I felt more confident in the wet conditions than I ever had. I was happy with my qualifying position and didn't know what the races would bring.
 
The first race was really tough in the opening laps; the spray was so bad that I could hardly see what was going on in front of me. I dropped back through the pack and knew I'd left it too late to try and push forwards. I always try to be consistent with my racing and always set my target to be in the points at every round, this weekend it just wasn't meant to be.
 
We had to take a gamble in the second race with the downpour before we started. We opted for a wet front and it was ok at the start but it wasn't long before the grip wore off and effected how the bike was handling so unfortunately I had to retire.
 
It would be great to go to Brands and have some dry weather and dry races as it is long overdue. I can't thank the Quattro TecCare Kawasaki team for all their help this weekend and the confidence they all gave me over all the sessions here. I'm just sorry I couldn't get them a result, thank you to all my personal sponsors and hopefully we'll be back up there at Brands."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...