Sonntag, 10. April 2016

Luke Mossey - Silverstone Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki

Luke Mossey and the Quattro Plant TecCare Kawasaki team had a solid weekend at the opening round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Silverstone Circuit. He secured a fantastic fourth place in the opening race of the season and was 10th in race two, allowing to sit in a comfortable sixth place in the overall Championship standings.
 
It was a mixed weekend with the weather at Silverstone and the cold and rain hindered a lot of track time and progress. However, the Quattro Teccare Kawasaki team were as always, on the ball and provided Luke with a great bike and he was able to be up near the top from day one.
 
Luke was feeling comfortable throughout the weekend and was eager for dry qualifying sessions. Luckily it stayed dry for the three, the track was certainly very slippery and cold and all the riders were wary in the opening stages. Luke had a good Q1 and went second quickest, for the second qualifying session Luke went fastest and was easily through to the final stage. As spots of rain started to fall around the circuit Luke had to get out of the pit lane fast, he set a very respectable time and started the opening race from fifth place on the grid.
 
In race one Luke had a bad start and dropped back to eighth after lap one and had to work his way back through the pack. Luke soon got himself settled into a rhythm and pushed hard in the final six laps of the race and put him in a potential podium position. He was the fastest man out on track for several laps and moved up to fourth place on lap 12. Despite his efforts and a lengthy battle with Christian Iddon, Luke narrowly missed out on third place by only 0.1.
 
He started from ninth position for race two, he lost a place after the opening lap and dropped to 10th position on lap one. Despite a valiant effort and briefly getting through the sixth, Luke struggled with grip and dropped back to 10th place at the end of the 14 laps. Luke is sat in a comfortable sixth place in the Championship standings.
 
Luke Mossey - "It was certainly a mixed weekend at Silverstone; I know the weather conditions can never be predicted in the UK but this weekend seemed to be so inconsistent. It really affected our time out on track and the opportunity to do a good number of laps to get everything in place.
 
I was really happy with my pace all weekend at Silverstone and I knew we were capable of a couple of good results to start the season with. I was really happy with how I rode in the first race and it was good to be up there and fighting for a podium again. I had a really good battle with Christian Iddon and both of us had the respect for each other to race exceedingly close and clean. It was a tough battle and he just got the better of me over the line.
In race two we struggled for grip, the track temperature had dropped nine degrees since race one and due to the set up on my bike, I just wasn't able to push forwards how I would have liked. I rode hard and pushed my through to sixth place but dropped back to 10th at the flag.
 
It is a long season and I am happy with how I rode and I can't thank the Quattro Plant TecCare team enough for all the work they did this weekend to give me a fantastic package. I know we have more to come over the season and I can't wait to get to Oulton Park now. I must say a huge thank you again to all my personal sponsors for backing me again this season and I will continue to work hard and gain good results to say thanks to them."
 
Personal Sponsors 2016
 
TECcare - Feridax - Sidi - Shoei - GB Racing - SMV - GiMoto - K-Tech - Krombacher - JMC - ALS - John Wyatt - Graham Godward - Ben Brew - Forcefield

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...