Dienstag, 7. April 2015

Luke Mossey - Donington Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki

 It was a tough opening weekend for 22-year-old Luke Mossey on the Quattro Plant TECcare Kawasaki at Donington Park. Mossey was competing in his first ever MCE British Superbike Championship and he gained a Championship point in race one with a 15th place but struggled slightly in race two and finished in 19th.

Luke was running well throughout the weekend and slowly finding his feet in the tough and fiercely competitive Superbike class. He was seventh in the opening free practice session, 13th in session two and seventh again in the final practice session. He was keen to get into qualifying and the first part of the session went well with Luke ending in sixth place. However disaster struck in the second session and Luke crashed into turn one, he was ok but the bike cart wheeled and destroyed itself.

The Quattro team worked hard throughout the night to rebuild it from scratch and they got him out for morning warm up. He was looking forward to race one but very nervous, the youngster from Cambridge rode hard during the first race and was fighting with some very well established and knowledgeable riders within the Championship, he battled really hard and secured a solid 15th place.

Mossey was placed in 23rd place on the grid for race two and he knew it would be tough from that far back on the grid, he got a steady start and moved through to 21st place. He worked his way up to 19th but the leading bunch had already made a break. Despite his consistent lap times he was unable to secure any Championship points but has learnt a wealth of experience from his first weekend in the toughest domestic Championship in the World.

Luke Mossey - "I felt really confident going into the weekend and I was keen to get some strong results for myself and the team. The practice sessions were going really well and I was looking forward to qualifying, in the second qualifying session I had a pretty big crash into turn one. I'm not sure what happened as the bike just went from under me. I'm lucky I was ok but sorry I caused so much damage, my team were amazing and were up until midnight rebuilding it for me.

I was a little nervous on race day and as the tension built for race one I felt more nervous, this was a whole new experience for me and I was riding around and with several riders I've looked up to and respected for years. It was a pretty daunting experience but I'm glad now that first race weekend is out the way and hopefully I can settle down at the remaining nerves. Everything in both races was completely different for me compared to racing in Supersport for the last few years.

I learnt a lot this weekend and I'm taking a massive amount of knowledge from the track, which I will take to future rounds. I want to thank the Quattro Plant TECcare team so much for making me so welcome and I really am looking forward to working with them all throughout this season. Also a huge thanks must go to my main sponsor TECcare and their continued support plus everyone else who has helped me this season."


2015 BSB Calendar



17th - 19th - April
Brands Hatch Indy
2nd - 4th May
Oulton Park
19th - 21st June
Snetterton 300
3rd - 5th July
Knockhill
17th - 19th July
Brands Hatch GP
31st July - 2nd August
Thruxton
21st - 23rd August
Cadwell Park
4th - 6th September
Oulton Park
18th - 20th September
TT Circuit Assen
2nd - 4th October
Silverstone GP
16th - 18th October
Brands Hatch GP

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...