Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2011

Good and getting better


PARKALGAR HONDA racers Miguel Praia and Sam Lowes finished their two day test at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain in positive mood after completing dozens of laps and testing different settings in dry but cold weather.



Parkalgar Honda returns to the UK to update the race bikes before they are shipped to Australia in time for a test at Phillip Island; just before the opening round takes place at the same circuit on Sunday 27th February.



Miguel: “It has been a tough test as I am feeling very weak after my food poisoning last week; but saying that I have got stronger as the two days progressed and completed a lot of laps. The knowledge I have gained of the circuit will be a big help to me when we return here to race in June. We worked on clutch and suspension settings and I leave here more comfortable on my bike and with a clear target for more improvement in Australia.”



Sam: “ We did a lot of laps over the last days and we have moved my Parkalgar Honda forward. I have a good feeling with my bike at Aragon and spent the end of the test fine tuning for feel and rear grip. My last run was consistent and fast so that is a good position to leave here on and I am ready for Australia now. We are onit.”



Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager: “It was cold for both days but it was also dry and a very good test. Sam was right on the quickest pace with James Ellison on our sister Bogdanka PTR Honda and those pair were clearly faster than any of the other Supersport riders. Sam has a good feeling for his Parkalgar Honda and the knowledge of the track will be beneficial when we return.



“Miguel is obviously not 100 per cent fit but he was methodical and thorough in his testing and will benefit from the circuit knowledge when we return. He has improved the balance of his bike and we know what we need to work on in Australia when we get there, so it is positive.



“The summary for Parkalgar Honda is the team is good and getting better - I am very happy with the work put in by the whole squad; it has been a very busy couple of weeks but everyone has pulled their weight and we have plenty of data to be working with to improve our bikes further.”

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...