Montag, 17. Oktober 2016

Gearlink Kawasaki Brands Final

Dickies British Supersport
 
Gearlink Kawasaki had a tough end to the 2016 Dickies British Supersport Championship with Andrew Irwin. The young Ulsterman rode really hard all weekend to secure some strong points in the last race of the season at Brands Hatch. Andrew managed to gain a 12th and 6th place respectively.
 
Andrew Irwin was eager to finish the Dickies Supersport Championship on a high note. He was working hard to find a set-up on the Gearlink Kawasaki throughout practice and qualifying. He struggled during qualifying and ended up starting race one from 13th position. Despite a fantastic start, climbing several places on the opening lap up to eighth he struggled with grip and dropped back through the pack to finish in 12th.
 
For race two he had to start from 13th place again, he got an amazing start and was third into turn two. He was looking really strong and moved through on Tarran Mackenzie up to second place and was looking safe to take his maiden podium of the season. However, the race was forced to be red flagged after James Westmoreland crashed heavily and re-started over nine laps.
 
Andrew started well on the re-start and was sitting in fourth place but he made a mistake on lap two going into turn one, which ran him wide and lost him several places. He dropped back to seventh and made a good move on Luke Hedger to move him up to sixth where he finished.
 
Andrew Irwin - "The weekend just didn't seem to click for me, I don't know why but I just couldn't piece the jigsaw together. It was really frustrating and I feel bad for letting the team down because I really wanted two good results but it just wasn't to be.
 
In race one I wasn't feeling 100% before I went out and it just didn't flow right and I finished 12th. In the second race if I could have stayed close I could have been fighting for a podium, but I made a mistake and I didn't have the pace to make up the lost time.
 
I am now looking forward to my last race of the year at the Sunflower back at home in Northern Ireland and want to end my year on a high note to carry that forward into 2017.
 
I would like to thank the whole Gearlink Kawasaki team and all my personal sponsors for the opportunity they gave me this year."
 
MCE British Superbike
 

In the MCE British Superbike series, the Gearlink Kawasaki rider, Italian Vittorio Iannuzzo, made progress throughout the practice sessions and ended up qualifying in 22nd place for the opening race on Saturday.
 
In very tricky conditions, as the rain came down Vittorio kept his head together and continued to ride a solid race, avoiding any incidents or moments he was able to finish in 15th position and secure a valuable Championship point.
 
Vittorio was placed in 21st for race two on Sunday and was forced to retire. He was 24th on the grid for the final race of the year and after several delays he managed to finish the season in 21st position.
 
Vittorio Iannuzzo - "Despite the awful conditions on the track on Saturday I was really pleased to secure some more Championship points. It was very difficult out on the circuit and I did not want to do anything stupid. It was a hard race but I am very glad that I managed to finish.
 
After the result on Saturday I was hoping for some good positions on Sunday but the bad weather changed our plans. It has been a really hard season but in the end with more experience for all of us we showed that we made some big progress forwards and that we can now be competitive.
 
Thank you to all of Gearlink Kawasaki and also all the support I have received."
 
Team Manager Michael de Bidaph - "I think that it is plain to see that this has been an extremely poor season for the team and unfortunately it has carried on at the last round. Both Supersport riders were off the pace before the Sprint race and Mason decided to leave the team.
 
Andrew had two strong races this weekend and we made some changes for the race on Sunday, which allowed him to be more competitive.
 
Vittorio has continued to make progress on the Superbike this weekend and I have to say that it has been an absolute pleasure working with him this year.
 
I would like to take this opportunity to thank KMUK and all our product sponsors for their continued support. I feel like we have let them down with such poor results but hope to change that in 2017."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

CZECH GP - Gaviota Aspar Team starts the first triple-header on top

  AVIOTA ASPAR TEAM STARTS THE FIRST TRIPLE-HEADER ON TOP   ...